We live in a remarkable community, and are grateful for the strong support of our students and schools! In response to our MEF update in late March, many families and individuals have stepped up to help- thank you! But we haven’t bridged the gap yet…
Here’s the update:
Our 3 public schools request $300,000+ in school allocations from MEF each year. To fund that, we need $120,000 in event income plus at least $15,000/month from recurring donors.
- The recent Dash & Bash event was very successful thanks to generous sponsors, amazing volunteers and tremendous community support, bringing in more than $50,000 for our schools and putting us on track for event income.
- Recurring monthly contributions have grown from $6,000/month to $9,000/month- hooray! But we need to get to $15,000/month, so there’s still plenty of room for growth!
If you haven’t donated yet, our students and schools still need your contribution. Give what you can- every donation makes a difference! Please consider a recurring monthly or one-time donation that fits in your family budget. Donate online anytime here.
Curious how funding is used? Donations to MEF pay the entire salary for these positions:
- Melanie Lindgren (Reading Intervention/Nolan)
- Kathy Taylor (Math Intervention/Nolan)
- Kathie Nolan (Art/Nolan)
- Kellie Robison (Computer/Nolan)
- Bridgette Coloma (Cafeteria/Nolan)
- Jennifer Cisto (Nolan STEM Lab)
- Nancy Stagmaier (Art/Thrasher)
- Ricky McEvoy (Technology/Thrasher)
- Susan Skaggs (Reading Intervention/Thrasher)
- Vanessa Dexter (Braindance/Thrasher)
- Leslie Wilson (Learning Center Coordinator/SMMHS)
And more than half the salary for:
- Sandy Mitchum (College Access Advisor/SMMHS)
Additionally, donations fund professional development, classroom enrichment, technology, teacher appreciation, student support for college access and IB, and more. Many requests from principals and students have gone unfunded due to limited resources.
As a community, we have always made our Signal Mountain schools great by giving what we can in time and resources. Together we aim for educational excellence for our students beyond what public funding provides. Please give what you can and watch for volunteer opportunities at www.meftoday.org.